I guess everyone interested in travel has a wishlist of destinations they’d would like to visit in the near future. Where you would like to go will depend on where you have already been. Some people will want to visit places they have never been to, and some will want to revisit in more depth places they have already been to.
Personally, I like to do a bit of both.
Here is my wishlist for the next couple of years.
- Interrail around the former ‘Eastern Block’ countries. I have done several Interrail trips in Western Europe, both month long trips across the continent and shorter single country trips, but I have never been into Eastern Europe except for East Berlin when the Berlin Wall was still up. On my trip I would like spend a month to visit Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and getting some beach time in Croatia at the end. Update: made a quick trip to Croatia as this was the part of this trip I wanted to see the most and had a weekend in Bratislava. Would still like to do the whole rail trip though.
- I have a big gap in my travel in South East Asia, only having been to Singapore and India, and I would like to do a fairly long trip to get a taster for these countries: Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. To start with a shorter trip to one of the countries would be OK. Update: made trips to Thailand and Japan and mulling over the next Asian destination.
- I have revisited many of countries of Western Europe since I was a young adult but one I haven’t got back to is Greece. Even with its troubles in recent years I think it would still be a wonderful place to go back to. Update: now made this trip, Greece was good and I would like to make this a regular destination and cover more of the islands.
- I haven’t been to the United States for many years, but watching vlogs of people travelling there has stirred new interest in me especially in visiting the western side of the States. It’s a big country and there is so much to see.
- All my visits to Australia have been to Western Australia to see friends. Finally I am listening to people travelling the east coast of Australia and looking at a road trip from Melbourne to Sydney in the next year. Update: made this trip, became a two city trip to Sydney and Melbourne with the road trip part being the Great Ocean Road near Melbourne, lots to see on this trip and could have been much longer.
- It’s been a dream of mine to go to the Bahamas for a few years now, and the Abaco Islands look gorgeous. Maybe when corona has gone it will be possible.
- There are a few cities around Europe I’d be happy to mini break to – Lisbon, Florence, Seville/Granada, Madrid, Bucharest and Istanbul are all high on the list.
- Norway was one of the most memorable countries of my early travels and I’d be very happy to do it again. Might work pretty well with a bit more cash than as a strapped student.
- Keep thinking about getting out to Africa some more. Mauritius, Madagascar, Senegal, Zambia, Botswana or Morocco. All of those sound interesting.
What is on your wishlist and why do you want to visit that destination? What have been your favourite destinations? Would love to hear your comments.