This page was written before the events of 2020 and things have obviously changed a lot since then. Travel is likely to be less ambitious for a while but for when things improve some dream locations are listed below.
I guess everyone interested in travel has a wishlist of destinations they’d would like to visit in the near future. Where you would like to go will depend on where you have already been. Some people will want to visit places they have never been to, and some will want to revisit in more depth places they have already been to.
Personally, I like to do a bit of both.
Here is my wishlist for the next couple of years.
- Interrail around the former ‘Eastern Block’ countries. I have done several Interrail trips in Western Europe, both month long trips across the continent and shorter single country trips, but I haven’t spent much time in Eastern Europe. On my trip I would like spend a month to visit Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania.
- I have made a few trips to Asia now including India, Thailand and Japan, but I would like to do a fairly long trip to get a taster for the countries I missed : Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia are some countries I’d like to see.
- I haven’t been to the United States for many years, but watching vlogs of people travelling there has stirred new interest in me especially in visiting the western side of the States. It’s a big country and there is so much to see.
- It’s been a dream of mine to go to the Bahamas for a few years now, and the Abaco Islands look gorgeous. Maybe when corona has gone it will be possible.
- There are a few cities around Europe I’d be happy to mini break to – Florence, Seville/Granada, Madrid, Bucharest and Istanbul are all high on the list.
- Norway was one of the most memorable countries of my early travels and I’d be very happy to do it again. Might work pretty well with a bit more money than as a cash strapped student.
- Keep thinking about getting out to Africa some more. Mauritius, Madagascar, Senegal, Zambia, Botswana or Morocco. All of those sound interesting.